Monday, September 28, 2009

Demi-God Feast

Demi-God Feast

INT. MOUNT OLYMPUS - DAY

THESEUS, PERSEUS, and HERAKLES are having a feast at a round table.

THESEUS
Let us toast for the many challenges we have overcome.

They toast holding up their wine goblets.

PERSEUS
It is perhaps a great day to share our tales of success.

HERAKLES
Indeed, Perseus.

THESEUS
There is one thing I wanted to clear up, my demi-god breatheren. I must say that I overcame the most challenging hardship, with less or no assistant from the Gods.

PERSEUS
I have slayed the multi-serpent-headed, Medusa. That should be the most challenging task!

HERAKLES
I have completed the twelve labors.

PERSEUS AND THESEUS
Shut up, Herk!

THESEUS
Alright, dudes. Let's be frank. I killed the Minotaur! And all I had to help me was a ball of string.

PERSEUS
Listen, man! I killed Medusa! That bitch freezes people by looking at them!

THESEUS
But you had all kinds of cool gadgets to help you. Hermes' Winged Sandals, Hades' cap of invisibility, Athena's shield. I only had a ball of string!

HERAKLES
I completed the 12 labors

PERSEUS
Nobody gives a shit, Herc! You were born with super strength.

Herakles bites his lips.

PERSEUS (CONTINUE)
I killed the Medusa and then used her head to freeze the Kraken! That's got to count for something.

THESEUS
Yeah! And how did you carry that head.

PERSEUS
In a magic bag. You know. The that lets me put anything inside.

THESEUS
You see! Magic bag! That's what I'm talking about, dude! Guess what I had when I had to find my way through a maze to kill the Minotaur? A BALL OF STRING!

HERAKLES
I choked two snakes when I was a baby.

THESEUS AND PERSEUS
SHUT UP!

(BLACKOUT)

No comments:

Post a Comment