Wednesday, September 16, 2009

THE STRIPPER (REWRITE)

THE STRIPPER

JIMMY CHANG

INT. LIVING ROOM

NICK and his two friends, TONY and DOM, are waiting in an
apartment living room. We hear knocking on the door. Dom
opens the door and TANIA walks in with a long coat,
covering her stripper outfit.

TANIA
Hey, boys. I'm Tania. Who's the
lucky bachelor, Nick?

DOM
He's the shy one sitting on the
chair all ready for a lapdance.

TANIA
You guys got any music? I forgot
to bring a CD.

NICK
I got some music. Tony, turn it
on!

Tony turns on the stereo and Lady Gaga's "Poker Face" starts
to play. Tania gets into it.

TANIA
I love this song.

DOM
This party is just getting
started!

NICK
Let's switch to the next track,
Tone!

Tony changes the track to ambient sounds of ocean water
crashing.

TONY
What is this now?!

NICK
It's music I use for my yoga
routines. You know, for some
ombeeyonce

DOM
Oh no. She's gonna leave!

TANIA
That's okay, boys. I kind of like
it. It's soothing. I feel like
one of those flower children from
the sixties. (starts dancing like
a hippy)

DOM
I don't even wanna know what's
gonna play next.

TONY
I know! Tell me about it!

The music switches to a chapter of the audio book, "The
Road".

DOM
No! Not again!

TONY
What is this? An audio book, Nick!

NICK
What! it was a good book! I like
the narrations.

TANIA
Oh, my god! I. Love. This book.
This is the Road by Cormac
McCarthy! This the part when he
finds the cannibals' house with
all the naked people locked in
the basement!

TONY
Naked people? Alright!

DOM
Yeah! I really can't wait for the
next track!

TANIA
I don't care what's next! I'll
dance to anything!

Tania dances as if an upbeat song was playing. The ipod
stops working. Everybody stops, shrugs it off and continues
partying.

(Black out)

No comments:

Post a Comment