Wednesday, September 23, 2009

EYEBROW (TH)READING

INT. NEDA'S EYEBROW READING - DAY

A young woman, CHRISTINA, walks into the store. An old Iranian woman, NEDA is sitting at a table. She is wearing traditional Iranian garment.

NEDA
Welcome. Please have a seat.

Christina sits down across from Neda.

CHRISTINA
This place is so pretty! Any-who. I really need to get my eyebrows threaded. I want them to be bettered shaped. Maybe a little thinner.

NEDA
You have mistaken me for a woman who pluck hair from face. I am a eyebrow reader. I can channel my power of clairvoyance from touching your eyebrows.

CHRISTINA
So are you gonna shape them up, or what?

Neda gets off her seat and lunges at Christina, sticking her thumbs onto Cristina's eyebrows. They feel the energy generated. Neda, with her eyes closed, starts seeing visions.

NEDA
Your name is Christina. You're 22 years old. You like music from Nickleback because you thing the lead singer looks like Jesus.

CHRISTINA
Oh my gosh! How do you know all this. It's true. You are psychic!

NEDA
I see you are in a relationship with a young man name, Steve. He's going to be the love of your life.

CHRISTINA
Really? Steve is the one?

NEDA
Wait I see something else?!

Neda starts to squeeze the skin where Christina's eyebrows are.

NEDA
I see Steve joking with his friends, telling them that you have asymmetrical breasts .(Laughs) He refers to them as ying yang tits, Devito and Schwartzenegger, Bruce Banner and the incredible hulk...

CHRISTINA
Stop it! Enough!

Christina swats Neda's hands away from her face. Christina tries to fight back the tears as she confronts Neda.

CHRISTINA
I didn't ask for this! I just wanted my eyebrows threaded! How can Steve be the love of my life if he said such horrible things about me!

Neda tries to answer her by attempting to touch her eyebrows again. Christina puts up a hand defensively.

CHRISTINA
No! I don't want to know!

NEDA
Surely, I can find out if Steve is truly the one, or maybe you'll meet a better guy in the future. There's only one way to find out, that's for me to touch you brows.

CHRISTINA
Okay. But this is it. I just want to know if Steve is the one or not.

Neda nods and reaches out to touch Cristina's eyebrow again. Christina gets tense. Neda looks like she's in pain. She then releases Christina and burst out laughing.

NEDA
He said your eyebrows look like Salvatore Dali's pubes!

(Blackout)

No comments:

Post a Comment